Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Pictures...

Here are some snapshots I've taken today. Today's the first day the camera's been out - we've been too busy doing other things. I'm sitting in the Green Hotel Cafe, using the wireless as usual. The rains have started for the day, so I'm totally hosed at the moment - if I leave, I'm going to get soaked. The two following pictures were shot just as the rain was starting.


This is a view of the buildings behind the Green Hotel. Nothing special - I just thought the shot of the road was amusing. But I don't know if you can even see the road in the picture without enlarging it - it's more obvious with cars on it.


This is the garden behind the Green Hotel. Maybe that's how it gets its name.


A very relaxed street scene up on Bhaksa road in Mcleodganj. This is about as mellow as it gets. The yellow building up where the road curves is the last building before the one that houses the Green Hotel Cafe, where I am sitting at the moment.


This shot is from a road up at the top of Mcleodganj, where there are a couple of really fancy hotels. You can see deep down into the valley - I'm not sure if the town you're seeing is Kangra or lower Dharamsala.


You might be fooled into thinking that this cow is reading the bulletin board. Nothing could be further from the truth. Cows do not appreciate literature by way of reading. They simply eat. This cow is ripping paper off the bulletin board and eating it. This is a little way up the hill from our hotel.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the idea that the cow might read the flyers before he eats them. Do we really know if he does or doesn't? Or I wonder if he absorbs the content of the flyer when he digests the words ...

Friday, June 30, 2006 5:03:00 AM  
Blogger Ted Lemon said...

Yeah, my theory is that the cow is learning about goings on in town through osmosis. It's those extra stomachs.

Friday, June 30, 2006 12:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like a "holy" cow to me!!

Thanks for the pictures. I also enjoyed the comments on HHDL's teachings and look forward to more installments.

Sunday, July 02, 2006 2:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home