Sunday, May 27, 2007

The ends don't justify the means...

...because if you use the wrong means, you never really get the ends you were hoping for anyway. I'm pretty heartbroken that after the way the election went last year, we still don't have a Congress with the balls to stand up to Bush and tell him to take his war and shove it.

But I'd like to give a big shout-out (which will be heard by all three people who read this blog) to two congresscritters that I know voted against it: Raul Grijalva (D-AZ) and Barbara Boxer (D-CA). I wasn't surprised by Grijalva, but I was surprised by Boxer, and I was really happy to hear that she voted against the bill.

Maybe next time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bunch of people voted against it, including Ron Paul (R-TX)

The sad part is, if the Dems can't get enough support to end the war with three quarters of the population opposing it, when can they manage it?

Sunday, May 27, 2007 5:01:00 PM  
Blogger Jym said...

"We have always control over the means and never on the ends." -- Gandhi

Monday, May 28, 2007 3:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home