Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I got a request from Ted Kennedy to send money to support his organization, Democratic Majority. This is my response to him (I doubt anybody there will actually read it, so I felt like it was necessary to post it somewhere else as well).

If you want me to send you money, develop some backbone and stop the war NOW. Stop all the damage to our civil liberties. Stop all the laws to help the music companies and the motion picture companies turn college students into destitute criminals. Stop all the laws to classify us as terrorists if we don't agree with you. Stop all the earmarks that turn our hard-earned tax money into handouts for your rich friends.

Who do you people think you represent, anyway? Why do you deserve our support? What do you think you're doing, disenfranchising Michigan in the presidential primary? Do you really think any of this is what we, the people, want? Is this a democracy, or isn't it? I'd love to support someone who would make these issues their priorities, but that is no more the Democrats than it is the Republicans.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Name dropper.

Friday, December 07, 2007 6:40:00 PM  
Blogger Ted Lemon said...

Oh yeah, man. Ted and I go way back. Back in the seventies we used to hang down by the docks and debate about Kierkegaard and Wittgenstein. But lately it's been all about him, and I'm really getting tired of it. Is it lame to be nostalgic for the good old days?

Saturday, December 08, 2007 1:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nostalgia lame? Only if you do nothing but reminisce. One needs to remember how things were in order to visualize your future path.
I'll have to send you a kite sometime younger cuz'.

Sunday, December 23, 2007 2:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home