Oh, how funny. I never explained why I knew that quotation from Isaiah. It's because at the end of the Bionic Woman two-part show about armageddon, she's sitting with Oscar outside the building that contains the doomsday device, just looking at a little monument that's carved there. And the quotation from Isaiah is what's carved on the monument. I really liked that - it was probably the first thing I'd heard in my young life (I remember having nightmares about The Bomb when I was four) that gave me any hope at all that mine wasn't going to be the last generation on Earth.
Friday, April 14, 2006
- Name: Ted Lemon
- Location: Brattleboro, Vermont, United States
Author of the ISC DHCP server and the DHCP Handbook, Dharma practitioner, living in Brattleboro, et cetera.
I also have a more geek-oriented blog
Some Blogs I Follow
- Andrea (my sweetie)
- Will Shetterly (Santoshin, author, ULF warrior)
- Emma (Santoshini and author, with minors in Coffee and Guitar)
- Scott (Bi-summeral YA and SF author)
- Kat (High Energy Habitat-walla)
- Penni (Student of Language)
- Sajjad Zaidi (Moderately geeky news from Pakistan)
- Linda Nagata's blog
Visits from around the world
- One Thousand Acts of Peace
- Wonderful Ashtanga Yoga teacher in Tucson
- The root of the Ashtanga lineage
- Comic relief
- Geshe Michael Roach and Christie McNally
- Airplane Seat Guru
- Good Geek Advice?
- This guy is fussier about coffee than I
- DNSSEC Deployment assembly point
- Memory Pool System
- Magic Ink - some notes on UI design
- Over on Waiter Rant, there's some reminiscing goin...
- I'm plagiarizing this link off Will's blog, for th...
- What I feel I expressed poorly in my previous post...
- Will finished his first draft, so I figure it's fa...
- There's an article in the Australian press that I ...
- Adventures in travel...
- Movie recommendation...
- Why not be a Billionaire?
- Problems found and solved...